I think every man and boy on earth loved the sitcom, “I Dream of Jeannie.” As a matter of fact, some are still popping corks and rubbing bottles hoping that she show up!! HINT: She is not in the bottom of a can of Strawberry-rita(I heard). Jeanee was in a bottle. Let me bring you up to speed. Here is the setup. An astronaut by the name of Tony Nelson, US Air Force, is on a space flight when his one-man capsule comes down far from the planned recovery area, near a deserted island in the South Pacific. On the beach, Tony notices a strange bottle that rolls by itself. When he rubs it after removing the stopper, smoke starts shooting out and a Persian-speaking female genie (wearing an enticing harem costume) materializes and kisses Tony on the lips with passion, shocking him and me😉.
They cannot understand each other until Tony expresses his wish that Jeannie could speak English, which she then does. Then, per his instructions, she “blinks” and causes a recovery helicopter to show up to rescue Tony, who is so grateful that he tells her she is free. But Jeannie, who has fallen in love with Tony at first sight after being trapped for 2,000 years, re-enters her bottle and rolls it into Tony’s duffel bag so she can accompany him back home.
Her life is devoted to his, and most of their problems stem from her love and affection towards Tony, and her desire to please him and fulfill her ancient heritage as a genie, especially when he doesn’t want her to do so.
He works hard to cover up Jeannie’s antics, because of his fear that he would be dismissed from the space program if her existence were known, brings him to the attention of NASA’s resident psychiatrist, Dr. Alfred Bellows. Dr. Bellows tries over and over to prove to his superiors that Tony is either crazy or hiding something, but he is always tricked and Tony’s job is saved.
Tony’s best friend is Major Roger Healey, who when he finds out about Jeanee, steals her so he can live in luxury, but Tony reclaims his status as Jeannie’s master. Roger hopes to claim Jeannie so he can use her to live a princely life or gain beautiful girlfriends. (You can’t even trust your boy with your genie!!)
This was every man’s dream show!! Every man on earth watched this show and said to himself, “OMG, if I could be Major Tony Nelson for one day.”
I can hear some woman saying, “He better communicate the obvious!!” Here goes:
1. He don’t know where her lips been. No really, Value and cherish that which is sent to you. She was loyal and committed to him for a lifetime. She was willing to do any and everything to make him happy.
2. Jeannie was 2,000 years old. Age ain’t nothing but a number 😳. No really, Some people don’t know what they have until they lose it. It wasn’t until he was in trouble that he recognized her real beauty And value. He treated her at times more like she was a burden than a blessing.
3. She had her own crib haha. Seriously, Her life was built around making his life better. God will send some wonderful people to cross our paths. Don’t use and abuse, cherish, appreciate and honor them.
4. I don’t care where you are, God can have delivered to you exactly what you need.
5. The woman you search for may be closer to you than you think.
6. Remember, not only did he save her life, but she saved his!! You can’t hold people hostage forever because you helped them through a temporary situation.
Let me ask the age old question, If you had a Genie, what would you wish for?