You should see my face right now, REALLY? I have heard it all. Someone wrote, “You can’t choose who you fall in love with.” I want you to know I am getting sicker by the minute. “I Can’t Help Falling in Love,” written by George Weiss, Hugo Peretti and Luigi Creatore. Helen Rowland said, “Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common-sense.”
Lao Tzu stated, “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” Shana Alexander penned, “The mark of a true crush, Is that you fall in love first, And grope for reasons afterward.”
Imagine that, Love is so strong that I can’t help falling in? It’s consist of uncorking imagination and bottling common sense? It attacks my head, heart, and my senses.? I fall in it first and then come up with reasons why?
What does “The Heart wants what the Heart wants,” really mean? In my opinion?
1. Most times, it is a simply is an excuse to cover a mate’s bad behavior. It really says, “Even though I’m being treated in a substandard way, I accept it and possibly enjoy it. I just love him or her so much, that I will overlook the fact that they are mistreating me. It tries to say, “I am an unwilling helpless victim,” when in actuality you drove the getaway car and split the cash.
2. It’s blame-shifting at its best. They speak of the heart as if it has a brain. The heart does not have the ability to act or think opposite of the brain. The WANTER wants what the thinker tells it to want. The heart cannot speak, think, or act on its own. Stop lying on your heart. This is as bad as, “The Devil made me do it.” Your heart made you love them without consulting the eyes, ears, brain, and nose?
3. You can’t choose who you want to fall in love with? If she finds out he is a homosexual rapist and child molester with a disease, I am sure her heart will come up with a million reasons why she can no longer love him.
4. “Falling in love is uncorking my imagination and bottling my common-sense?” I recommend you keep the common-sense close and worn like prescription eyeglasses and sterile rubber gloves.
5. If LOVE attacks the head, heart, and the senses at the same time. I advise you proceed with full body armor, goggles, and a gas mask.
GOD’s Will is what your WANTER ought to want, not Your Way!!
There is nothing sweeter than falling in Love, but falling in love cannot be a blind dive off a deadly mountain cliff, in hopes of your mate catching you. You can check the terrain and climb down at a manageable pace.
You can still have butterflies and fireworks bursting in air. I’m just saying, stomach flu on the Fourth shouldn’t be payoff if it don’t work.
In my humble opinion😉!!