This morning, I went to eat breakfast at a local diner. As I sat down at my table, I saw something that attracted my attention. Someone had placed items on my table for me to use. There was a set of silverware, a napkin, a cup and a saucer. For some reason, the cup and saucer screamed for my attention. The cup was faced down on the saucer. I said to myself, NEVER BE A CUP FACED DOWN on the saucer of life.
A coffee cup face down on a saucer says,
1. I deny my purpose and existence.
2. I refuse to receive or to be used.
3. I reject any opportunity seeking to come my way.
4. I am empty and have purposely positioned myself this way, possibly permanently.
5. This is the public sign of REJECTION to anyone passing by with a desire to pour into me.
I THINK IT’S IMPORTANT TO BE A CUP.
An empty cup (faced up) says,
1. I willfully exist in this world. I am just as important as any other item on this table.
2. I am unique in my purpose. I am like no other. I have value. You may eat with a fork, but you cannot drink without me.
3. I will patiently wait for my turn to be used. I will celebrate and not compete with others for my chance.
4. I am open, willing, and waiting to be filled. I stand at the ready. I don’t have to be moved, manipulated, or managed to be used. I wake and sleep ready. My posture pleads for my desire to be used.
5. I possess known capabilities and I know my limitations.
6. I am a cup. I have two purposes in which I plan to accomplish. One is to be poured into, and the second is to pour out. I recognize that, what is poured into me is not for my consumption, but to be delivered to someone else.
7. A cup that remains full is stagnant
and will ultimately stain.
8. A good cup is empty often.
9. I am just as happy in the process of being filled, as I am emptied. My ULTIMATE JOY AND SATISFACTION IS SIMPLY IN BEING USED.
10. As a cup, I am naturally a receiver. I must remain consciously aware and selective in what is poured into me and by whom.
11. Being a cup is cool, especially when you know GOD made YOU this way.
BE A CUP!!