Who Are You In Tandem With? therealwil.com
I’m not saying that jumping out of a plane 15,000 feet is the greatest thing I will ever do in life, but it ranks up in the top three for me. I realized that the elevation and the distance you travel is directly CONNECTED to who you are in TANDEM WITH!!
How high you FLY, how high you JUMP, and the sites you SEE, and all TIED to who you are in TANDEM WITH!!
The question is, ” WHO ARE YOU IN TANDEM WITH?”
Maybe the reason you don’t soar as high or experience as much is because of who you are in tandem with?
Tandem skydiving is when a student skydiver is connected to a harness attached to a tandem instructor one behind the other.
If I was going to jump out of a plane at 15,000 feet, I was going to need to recruit some help. I would need a plane, a pilot, and a skydiving instructor to be HARNESSED TOGETHER with.
Your life is not a solo jump. Some tasks and goals don’t require assistance from anyone, but free falling at 15,000 feet, will require help from outside sources.
Harnessed, connected, and attached, are all words that together spell SUCCESS!!
YOU CAN’T FLY THAT HIGH BY YOURSELF!! You can only go so high on your own.
I know what you are thinking. I’d rather fly by myself because people get on your nerves. They talk, they brag about what they did for you, they help you and then throw it in your face. They treat you like they own you and you owe them for the rest of your life. I undertand. This is why it is so important that you KNOW who you are in tandem with.
I’d like to offer a few suggestions for High flying in life:
1. Get connected with certified and experienced skydiving instructors. Attach yourself to people who know what they are doing. Friends and family are not always the best choice for the task at hand.
2. Choose wisely. If who you are attached to, harnessed in with, and connected to, go to jail, destroy thier life, or choose to do nothing, you are buckled into the same fate. BE CAREFUL!!
3. Rather you know it or not, some people are already attached to you. It may very well be the cause of low altitudes that you have been experiencing. Who is it that you are negatively connected to? Could it be that you are responsible for some people never being able to get and stay airborne as well? Don’t be selfish, let them go!
4. When jumping at 15,000 feet in tandem with an instructor, you are harnessed and connected, one behind the other. The instructor is in the rear and lined up directly behind you. It gives the appearance that the person in front is in control. In actuality, the expert is flying in the rear position. NEVER get it twisted. It may look like you are flying and in charge. It may look like the instructor is on your back, but YOU ARE NOT IN CONTROL. You are not the EXPERT, you are simply in tandem with the expert.
5. Always pay homage and honor those who are responsible for assisting you to get to Higher Heights!! You have tandem partners!
Take a moment and identify the great people that you are purposely in tandem with and THANK THEM.
Who are you in tandem with?
Good luck in life!!!